Development Chemist specialising in Building Chemicals for Lancashire based company, offering long term prospect of Technical Manager roleJob Title: Development ChemistSalary: £30,000 £35,000Location: LancashireSRG is...
Title R&D Polymer Chemist Location Lancashire
Our client is a leading manufacturer of polymers supplying to a wide a wide range of industries including the automotive, aerospace and medical device. They successfully partner with a number of global organisations and are known for their cutting-edge polymeric solutions, streamlined production facilities, application development expertise and unmatched technical support. They are currently seeking to hire an experienced Chemist to join their R&D Department focusing on the development of new products & technologies.
Benefits:This will be a full time & permanent position, based with a world leader in polymer technologies. Benefits will include:
- 29 days + Public holidays annual leave
- a generous contributory pension scheme
- private healthcare scheme for employees and dependants
- profit related bonus scheme
- share ownership scheme
Role Description As a member of the R&D team, this role will be focused on the design & delivery of new technical solutions. This will include:
- The development & investigation of new chemical Processes relating to the production of polymers & high temperature thermoplastics.
- The synthesis of novel monomer & polymers
- The scale up of new compounds from the lab scale to the Pilot plant.
- Generating detailed reports & presenting data to a range of internal & external bodies.
- A Degree or higher qualification in Chemistry, Material science, Polymer Chemistry or a related field.
- A strong knowledge of polymer chemistry / organic synthesis
- An understanding of high temperature thermoplastics would be desirable but not essential.
- Detail orientated, highly organised & motivated
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to display & present information effectively to both a technical / non - technical audience.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Polymer, Organic Synthesis, Scale up, R&D, NPD,
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.