Multiple R&D Laboratory Technicians required for exciting new roles with dynamic life science company in StirlingTitle R&D Laboratory TechnicianLocation StirlingSalary CompetitiveSRG is working with a...
Senior Laboratory Technician- OxfordPermanent positionUp to £27,000 plus benefits dependant on experienceAre you a life scientist with laboratory experience preferably using model organisms? My client is an Oxford based biotechnology company who commercialise natural products based on genetic research into their mode of action. They are looking for a talented scientist to join their team and aid in the investigation of novel genetic systems influenced by natural substances. The role;
- Designing, implementing and coordinating new research projects and new assays to support the identification of health indications
- Contributing actively to the Quality Management System and developing Quality Procedures for the new assays being designed/developed
- Preparation of associated laboratory records and data summaries required for research traceability
- Following, implementing and improving laboratory methods
- Active participation in lab meetings and R&D projectsOther duties as required
The ideal candidate;
- A degree in a life science discipline and practical laboratory research experience are essential;
- Good data handling skills are essential, ideally knowledge of using R or Matlab
- Experience using RNAseq or fluorescent analysis would also be an advantage
- Experience of working with C. elegans is an advantage as would be experience in other model systems such as drosophila and zebrafish but not essential - training and support will be given to a candidate that brings the necessary laboratory skills and personal attributes;
- Ability to take responsibility and work independently is essential.
To discuss this opportunity further please call Oliver on 01217288454 or email
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.