Multiple R&D Laboratory Technicians required for exciting new roles with dynamic life science company in StirlingTitle R&D Laboratory TechnicianLocation StirlingSalary CompetitiveSRG is working with a...
R&D TechnicianPermanent - Full Time East Midlands Attractive salary & packageR&D Technician will be part of the Colour group, providing technical support to the R&D department. Role:
- Analyse colour strength and shade of raw materials and finished products of natural colour extracts using spectro-colorimetric techniques: UV-spectrophotometer, colorimeter.
- Perform other chemical characterisation such as pH, acidity, alkalinity, moisture.
- Prepare and test samples of colour formulations.
- Supervise factory trials and support technical troubleshooting for colour manufacturing.
- Set up specifications, COA, method of analyses for natural colours.
- Develop and prepare samples of natural extracts blends in liquid or powder forms.
- Set up stability trials to analyse the performance of the colours.
- Make and record observations, perform calculations, collect and prepare data for evaluation and write reports. Requirements:
- Post-graduate Degree in Food Science or related subject.
- Experience of basic wet chemistry techniques, titration's, spectrocolorimetric techniques: UV-Vis spectrophotometer, colorimeter.
- Experience of chemical characterisation such as pH, acidity, alkalinity, moisture.
- Preferably experience within the Ingredients Sector (Food/Drinks/Flavour/Colour).
- If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Bal on 0121 222 5331.
- SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
- If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant/suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
- Keywords: Microbiology technician, Microbiologist, microbial proficiency testing,
- If you have the skills/experience required and are interested in the role please apply online, if you have any questions please call on 0121 222 5331.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.