Senior Bakery/Cereal ScientistUpto £32000
The company are well placed in the food industry and provide scientific, technical and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide
Benefits: 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Pension scheme, Excellent training, Health Scheme and 'Death in Service' scheme, subsidised restaurant, Free parking on site
The role will report directly to the Bakery Science Section Manager. There is one direct report at present and it is expected that future growth may require staff to be recruited that report into the role. A requirement will be to interact with clients, both internal and external, generate project proposals, manage a variety of projects and deliver the outputs to clients. Presentations to clients will be important for project work, training courses and client meetings. The role will require contact with a broad range of clients (including industry, government and academia), from practical through to senior managerial.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Graduate or equivalent, with post graduate research experience related to cereal science.
- A degree in food science is preferable, but food technology, engineering or biochemistry would be considered.
- Proven competence of working in a food research, preferably cereal environment.
- Experience in using instrumental techniques to investigate raw materials or product properties.
- Experience in data analysis from the above and familiarity with statistical analysis techniques required.
- Good communication and organisational skills for holding discussions with staff and clients.
- Able to work on a number of projects simultaneously to agreed deadlines.
- Project management skills.
- Able to write reports of varying length and complexity.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to James.Windridge@srg.co.uk For more information regarding this position or any others, please call James on 0121 728 8450
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.