Senior Scientist Antibody production Stevenage12 months Antibody Selections group (AS) has responsibility for identifying high quality antibody hits and leads from library and in...
Excellent opportunity to join and grow with a company at the heart of the food industry.
The role will report directly to the bakery science section manager. There is one direct report at present and it is expected that future growth will require staff to be recruited that report into the role. On occasion, a student will report into the role.
A requirement will be to interact with clients, both internal and external, generate project proposals, manage a variety of projects and deliver the outputs to clients. Presentations to clients will be important for project work, training courses and client meetings. The role will require contact with a broad range of clients (including industry, government and academia), from practical through to senior managerial.
Qualifications and competencies
- Graduate or equivalent, with post graduate research experience related to cereal science.
- A degree in food science is preferable, but food technology, engineering or biochemistry would be considered.
- Proven competence of working in a food or preferably cereal or bakery related environment.
- Experience in using instrumental techniques to analyse cereal or baked products. Training will be provided where required.
- Experience in data analysis from the above texture methods and some familiarity with statistical analysis techniques required.
- Good communication skills for holding discussions with staff and clients.
- Team player.
- Able to work on a number of projects simultaneously to agreed deadlines.
- Good understanding of scientific concepts.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to apply knowledge in new situations.
- Demonstrate creative and innovative skills.
- Project management skills.
- Familiar with statistical analysis techniques.
- Able to write reports of varying length and complexity.
The above skills are preferred but training will be given where needed.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.