Senior Scientist R&D required for exciting new opportunity with expanding diagnostic company in ScotlandTitle Senior Scientist R&DLocation ScotlandSalary CompetitiveSRG is working with a leader in...
A global construction material manufacturer based in the East midlands is currently recruiting for a R&D Scientist to join their busy Technical Team. This is a permanent opportunity, starting as soon as possible, paying £28-31,000.
The role focusses on development of new material systems - how the properties of different combinations of materials/products results in different overall performance - e.g. acoustic performance, fire resistance, structural strength.
* Develop innovative systems to agreed timescales, from generating ideas and prototypes to analysing the performance of existing systems
* Liaising with other company sites and departments to share ideas/knowledge, propose future projects, link customer requirements to R&D pipeline
* Manage R&D projects, contributing to continuous improvement activities (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing)
* Degree (or equivalent) in an experimental discipline, such as Physics / Materials Science / Chemistry / Related
* Previous industrial experience in a R&D capacity, e.g. developing new systems/materials/chemicals
* Demonstrate a self-starting, flexible, can do approach to work, good communication skills
If this role looks of interest please apply online. For further information please call Tom Pickford on 0121 726 9750.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.