We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to join world leading scientific organisation.This role is accountable for already established products and...
Business Development Manager
My client, a rapidly expanding biotech start-up, is looking to appoint the company's first UK-based sales specialist. The successful candidate will work closely with the senior leadership team to grow their customer network, starting in South-East England.
Do you consider yourself as a motivated self-starter who enjoys being left to your own devices? Do you have the determination and drive to succeed in a target-driven environment? Do you have proven experience in a sales-based role within the life science sector?
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Taking full ownership of sales activity for the company's products in South East England
- Organising and attending networking events to promote company branding and products
- Researching and developing a sound awareness of life science organisations in the area
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Providing regular updates on progress to the senior leadership team
To be considered for the role, you will have the following:
- Significant experience in a sales-based role where targets are met and exceeded regularly
- An evidenced understanding of life science companies in South-East England
- Strong technical background in any life science discipline
You will have strong experience within all the above areas and feel confident to sell the company's products in both a technical and professional manner. An MSc (or equivalent) or higher in a life science subject would be beneficial.
Ideal candidates will be comfortable with working independently and bring a positive, enthusiastic attitude as this position will require a resilient approach. My client is interested in hearing from individuals who have a drive to succeed and have a true passion for contributing to customer and marketing growth to continue the company's success.
If this role is of interest you are encouraged to apply or for more information contact Stephanie Callan on 01223 607856 or
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.