Senior Research AssistantDo you have experience working with primary tissues and cell lines? Are you well versed in the running of cell based assays and...
£24,000 - £25,000 per annum
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Providing hands-on support to histochemistry projects.
- Use of IHC - ISH and Western Blotting projects as commission by clients, supporting with the design, interrogation and data generated for these projects.
- Creation of assay designs, search of databases and work-plans for research projects.
- Compliance with QMS, governance and project management SOP's (GxP, Human Tissue Act, Heath & Safety).
- Maintenance of up-to-date records or human tissues, antibodies, cell, chemicals, lab books and time sheets into an in-house database.
- Good working knowledge of the SOP's required to conduct GLP/GCLP studies.
- Assist with preparation of study plans and reports to ensure that all studies are carried out in compliance with doctrines of GLP.
- Lab-based support for colleagues as required, alongside technical support for public presentation of data generated (eg - papers and scientific meetings).
- BSc Biological Sciences or related (or equivalent)
- Practical IHC - ISH experience alongside well-developed lab skills (particularly automated IHC such as Dako, LEICA Bond, Ventana Discovery)
- Good working appreciation of Histology and Histopathology techniques
- Background of having worked in a Biological or Medical Lab
- Use of LIMS and other computer-based packages for reporting and interrogating data
- Research experience within Human Tissues and good knowledge of HTA
- Good record keeping skills, organised, meticulous, analytical and challenging in your approach to research
Does this sound like it could be your next IHC-ISH opportunity?
Does your CV demonstrate the above-mentioned background and achievements?
Yes, they I'd like to hear from you. Apply via link by attaching your CV in Word.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.