Regulatory Affairs Advisor Medical Devices East Anglia £28,000 £33,000 per annum + BenefitsSRG are looking for an experienced Regulatory Affairs Advisor with knowledge and experience...
Health and Safety Advisor
Up to £38k per annum
Permanent, full time
My client, based in Cambridge are hiring for a H&S Advisor to support Head of H&S at a busy lab-based scientific research facility.
Key role requirements:
- To provide supply health and safety advice and guidance to a wide range of personnel including on-site staff, stakeholders and visitors.
- Working closely with Head of H&S to devise and roll-out the H&S policy across all areas of the business.
- Production of reports and putting together action-plans following internal audits as well as negotiation of agreed remedial measures.
- Attend relevant site meeting to represent the H&S department.
- Liaison with external regulatory bodies on behalf of the H&S team.
- To conduct and lead H&S inspections, internal audits and evaluate working practices.
- Ensure accident investigations are dealt with quickly and effectively - identifying root cause, monitoring lessons learned and remedial measures are implemented.
- You will be a member of the ERT (emergency response team).
- NEBOSH Level 3 General Cert in Occupational H&S (or equivalent)
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Technical membership to a professional H&S body
- You will have a background of working with H&S management systems, within a scientific, academic or research environment
- Strong demonstrable background of working with Fire safety and regulation reform
- Background working with accident/incident reporting and management of regulatory compliance inspections
- Background of working with hazardous chemical and biological materials, laboratory experience and strong understanding of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Key strengths will be: organisation and planning, influencing and persuasion, analysis and deliberation, relationship building.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.