Multiple R&D Laboratory Technicians required for exciting new roles with dynamic life science company in StirlingTitle R&D Laboratory TechnicianLocation StirlingSalary CompetitiveSRG is working with a...
Laboratory Technician required for a 12 month contract, based in Merseyside. Requiring good data handling skills, a scientific mind-set and practical laboratory skills gained from either university or an industrial laboratory. Degrees considered include Chemistry, Materials Science, Physics or similar.
Title: Laboratory Technician
Employment Term: 12 months, fixed term contract
Salary: £25,000 per annum + £1,500 completion bonus
SRG is working with a multi-national company who specialise in developing and manufacturing a range of building materials. They are currently looking for a Laboratory Technician to join the team at their site in Merseyside on a 12 month contract, covering maternity leave. The role will involve conducting a range of physical, chemical and mechanical testing on materials and manipulating data to track trends and report results. The position would suit a recent graduate of Chemistry, Physics or Materials Science, looking to gain some hands on experience in an industrial environment. Equally, if you have laboratory experience from a similar industry, this role would suit.
Benefits: Well established, leading company offering an opportunity to build practical lab skills in an industrial environment. 40 working hours per week, 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday, with flexible start and finish times. Other benefits include an enhanced pension scheme, private health cover, on-site gym and staff canteen.
Role / Description
- Evaluating and benchmarking batch and packaging material using a range of physical, chemical and mechanical test methods (XRF, viscometry, fibre dimensions, tensile strength, etc.)
- Conducting specialised sample preparation for routine test methods
- Accurate recording and reporting of test data generated in house
- Manipulation and statistical analysis of data generated by the central laboratory to report results and trends
- Supporting manufacturing trials and test programmes on site as requires
- Project work involving development and verification of sample preparation and test methods for process development and characterisation
- General laboratory housekeeping, calibration and maintenance of equipment
- Degree in scientific discipline - Chemistry, Polymer Science, Materials Science, Physics or similar
- Practical laboratory experience of wet chemistry methods, physical or mechanical testing methods
- Ability to manipulate, statistically analyse and report on data
- Good team-working skills, enthusiastic attitude and adaptability
- Ability to work autonomously, demonstrate initiative and communicate effectively
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate of Chemistry, Materials Science or Physics, or perhaps an individual with experience in a similar role.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: laboratory, wet chemistry, testing, physical testing, building materials, chemistry, materials science, polymer science, physics, graduate, mechanical testing, data handling, statistical analysis, data reporting, routine testing
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.