Would you like to work for a leading Biotechnology / Biotherapeutics company?My client are a world-class biotechnology and medical research centre, employing research scientists and...
Would you like to work for a leading Biotechnology / Biotherapeutics company?
My client are a world-class biotechnology and medical research centre, employing research scientists and workers of the highest international calibre. They are an established research centre of excellence within Hertfordshire, situated in modern state of the art laboratories, have a strong pipeline of both small and large molecule therapeutics and an international reputation for drug discovery and drug development.
They are now looking to recruit an interim Laboratory Manager on a 7 month contract basis. Working within the Site Services team, you will be involved in the following duties:
- Operate as the Radiological Protection Officer (RPO) and Biological Safety Officer (BSO) for the site.
- You will be accountable to the external bodies the Environment Agency, Human Tissue Authority (HTA) and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
- Work as the in house expert on legislation on the use of human cells and tissue
- Liaise with scientists, Home Office and other government bodies over all licenses
- Maintain knowledge of all legislation and best practices for all hazards within the laboratories
- Run staff training on all legislation and/or best practices across the areas outlined above as required. This will include new starters Induction training.
- Management of lab equipment including planned maintenance, failures, repairs, rolling replacements in liaison with end users.
- Setting up and running down of research projects and work areas, this may include the safe movement of equipment and safe disposal of lab materials.
- Meeting with Company Sales Representatives to discuss current research trends, equipment purchasing and negotiation
- Deputising for the Head of Site Services in health and safety matters and emergency call outs where necessary
The successful applicant will have the following profile:
- NEBOSH certification (or equivalent)
- Radiation Protection Supervisor's Certificate
- Biological Safety Officer Certificate
- BSc in an associated scientific discipline
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to write Codes of Practice and policy documents
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this role please apply online or call 0203 096 4700
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.