Development Chemist specialising in Building Chemicals for Lancashire based company, offering long term prospect of Technical Manager roleJob Title: Development ChemistSalary: £30,000 £35,000Location: LancashireSRG is...
Development Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring proven experience in lab-based development and formulation of personal care or cosmetic products
Title: Development Chemist
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
SRG is working with a well-established, independent company specialising in the development and manufacture of personal care products, including skin care and hair care products. As a result of their continued success, they are now looking for an experienced Development Chemist to join the team at their lab in West Yorkshire. This would be an excellent opportunity for someone with a proven background in the formulation of personal care products.
Benefits: Independent company offering a highly involved role, with increased responsibilities in the team and potential to progress further in the future. Working hours of 8am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. Offering 22 days holiday allowance (plus 8 statutory days), workplace pension, free parking and employee engagement events.
Role / Description
- Carrying out formulation projects to deliver new products and adapt or improve existing personal care products
- Take into account cost, raw material interactions, quality and time constraints during development process
- Troubleshooting any issues arising with formulations
- Ensuring all sample requests are logged in a timely fashion
- Conducting in house batch and stability testing
- Liaising with external parties, including suppliers, regulatory bodies and customers
- Ensuring adherence to ISO 22716 and relevant company quality practices
- Ensuring relevant regulatory requirements are adhered to and completing all necessary compliance
- Proven experience in the formulation and development of personal care, cosmetic, beauty products or similar
- Degree-level qualification in Chemistry or Cosmetic Science preferred, but not essential
- Excellent communication and team-working skills
- Able to demonstrate transparency and integrity in work and focus on continuous improvement
This role would be an excellent opportunity for someone with previous experience in personal care formulation to take the next step in their career.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: laboratory, chemistry, cosmetic science, personal care, cosmetics, body care, skin care, hair care, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, wash products, chemical, development, R&D, formulation, formulate, FMCG, SCS
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.