Quality Control (QC) Microbiologist required for exciting new position with innovative manufacturer in GlasgowTitle QC MicrobiologistLocation GlasgowSalary CompetitiveSRG is working with an innovative and fast...
Microbiologist required, based in Cheshire. Requiring a degree with Microbiology as major component, alongside industrial experience of testing or developing microbiological or antimicrobial technologies.
Salary: £22,000 per annum
SRG is working exclusively with a company specialising in the research and development of products for use in the personal care, household and healthcare industries. As a result their continued growth, they are now looking for a Microbiologist to join the team at their facility in Cheshire. The role will involve developing and conducting microbiological test methods to facilitate the delivery of new antimicrobial technologies. This be excellent opportunity for a Microbiology (or similar) graduate, with proven experience of microbiological or anti-microbial testing of consumer products, food, veterinary products or pharmaceuticals for R&D purposes.
Benefits: Innovative, growing company offering a genuine opportunity in modern and well-equipped working environment. 25 day holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days, company pension scheme, life assurance and share options. Flexible working hours of 36.5 hours per week, core hours of 10am to 3pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Conducting microbiological testing and sample preparation, providing results within set quality standards and deadlines
- Working closely with the formulation team to support the development of new microbiological capabilities to facilitate new technologies
- Helping define standard protocols for the execution and documentation of microbiological tests to ensure they are reproducible, easily retrieved and stand up to peer review
- Developing new microbiological test methods to support new claims or demonstrate relevant compliance
- Developing new anti-microbial technologies to generate intellectual property, new claims, and new products
- Defining the microbiological elements of product specifications and providing technical data that support new product claims
- Monitoring developments in regulations, microbiological science, and the wider industry to identify opportunities/threats to the business
- Reviewing labelling and marketing materials to ensure they are appropriately supported and comply with regulations.
- Documenting and reporting on experiments, results and project progression
- Minimum BSc in Microbiology or similar discipline with a large microbiology component
- Previous experience of microbiological testing or microbiological R&D for personal care, cosmetics, household care, healthcare, food, veterinary or pharmaceutical products
- Knowledge or practical experience or anti-microbial or anti-viral testing or technologies would be considered advantageous
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with a proven microbiology background in either testing or R&D.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: microbiology, microbiologist, R&D, testing, antimicrobial, janitorial, veterinary, pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, food, FMCG, TVC, cosmetic, cosmetics, detergent, surfactant, biocide, biocidal, QA , QC, personal care, skin care, body care, disinfectant, cleaning products, BSc, MSc
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.