Quality Manager Life SciencesOxford based Salary £28,000 £40,000 based on experiencePermanent full time positionAre you an experienced quality manager with a life sciences background and...
An opportunity for a Senior Manager to join a leading biopharmaceutical organisation.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Process Sciences (Downstream)
Location: North West
SRG are working with a global biopharmaceutical organisation who as a result of continued success and expansion, are now looking for a Senior Manager within Process Sciences (downstream) who will be responsible for leading the process sciences team, recruiting and rewarding staff, working alongside associate directors to develop new technology platforms and also acting as the Process Science lead on the Global CMC team.
15% bonus structure
8% contributory pension scheme
Permanent health insurance
Life Insurance 4 x basic salary
- Leading the process science team to design and optimise the manufacturing process using mammalian, microbial or viral technologies.
- Defining and getting agreement for CMC strategy
- Devise training, coaching and development for the team as well as recruiting, retaining and rewarding staff within the team
- Building project plans and attending project meetings
- Making proposals and implementing actions as part of a continuous improvement programme
- Reviewing and approving experimental protocols, proformas, lab books and manufacturing instructions
- Identifying, justifying and gaining support for any CAPEX equipment
- BSc science graduate (or equivalent) with biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical experience, PhD is desirable
- Experience and extensive technical knowledge in the production and scale-up of therapeutics from mammalian, microbial or gene therapy expression systems
- Clear understanding of mammalian cell culturing, protein purification and technological advancements
- Strong knowledge of cGMP
- Experienced people manager with a track record of delivering development programmes. Demonstrated competency in building effective teams, motivating staff, setting goals and measuring performance
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Tyler Datlen at . For more information reagrding this role call on 0161 868 2212.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Virology, Upstream, Downstream, Process Science, Process Development, Biologics, Mammalian cell line, Gene Therapy, GMP, cGMP, Bioprocess, Viral Vectors, Recombinant Proteins, Technical Specialist, Senior Technical Specialist, Process Characterisation, Method validation, management, team leader
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.