SRG are working with a world renowned chemicals company to help them find a talented Process Chemist for a temporary contract.
We have an exciting, hands-on role, and an opportunity to join the field of synthetic and process chemistry in a busy industrial environment.
This is a terrific and rare opportunity for experienced organic/process chemists and for people who have just completed a PhD in synthetic organic chemistry.
We would love to hear from you if you are an expert in organic synthesis.
- Contribute to the development, evaluation and scale-up of chemical processes for new and existing products
- Carrying out work in compliance with regulatory and H&S standards
- Meeting new development targets on quality, cost, operability, productivity and HSE impact
- Work closely with the Manufacturing team and carry out laboratory work to find the resolution to manufacturing process problems
- Work towards continuous improvement of manufacturing processes
- Communicate with other groups such as Formulation and Engineering
- Supply all work and data as instructed to senior chemists and team members
- Advise manufacturing personnel and supply solutions for production problems
- You will be educated to HNC standard or equivalent in chemistry
- Having a PhD in Synthetic Organic Chemistry would be highly beneficial
- You will have practical experience and knowledge of the procedures and instrumentation required to carry out process development activities.
- An understanding/knowledge of Health and Safety guidelines (e.g. COSHH, experimental risk assessment, safety procedures).
- Experience of analytical techniques such as HPLC and GC would be useful in this role
- Experience of working within a regulated/industrial environment would be an advantage
Do you have an analytical mind and good problem-solving skills?
Are you ready to tackle a new challenge within science?
Then get in touch now.
This is fantastic chance to work in process chemistry with a leading name in the chemicals industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
KEYWORDS: ORGANIC CHEMISTRY, PROCESS CHEMISTRY, SYNTHETIC CHEMISTRY, CHEMICALS, MANUFACTURING, CHEMISTRY
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.