Protein Expression and Purification Research Scientist12 months Fixed term contractOxfordshire Attractive salary Role: As part of the Protein Biochemistry team, you will be responsible for...
Electrochemistry Research Scientist - permanent full time positions
up to £21,000 - £35,000 per annum dependant on experience2 positions available one suitable for graduate entry
Are you either a graduate or have industry experience with electrochemistry? My client is a successful biotechnology company based in Oxford and need the expertise of electrochemistry to aid in the development of a hand-held device for the purpose of cancer diagnostics. The focus of this project is on the design, fabrication and characterization of electrochemical microchips (native and receptor modified). This is an exciting opportunity to work with an investor backed biotechnology company to aid the development of disease diagnosis.
- To Conduct research towards the improvement of electrode stability, selectivity and reliability. Interact with a large technically diverse team of scientists and engineers to integrate and optimise sensors for reliable operation with minimal user intervention.
- You will be involved in the design, fabrication and characterization of electrochemical microchips (native and receptor modified)The successful candidate;
- BSc educated or higher for the senior position in Chemistry/materials science/chemical engineering or a related field
- knowledge of electrochemistry and electrochemical techniques (e.g. cyclic voltammetry, chronoamperometry, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy)
- You will be highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An interest to work in a medical diagnostic environment
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an investor backed biotechnology company to aid the development of disease diagnosis. Please call Oliver on 0121 7288454 to find out more or email
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.