Development Scientist OxfordPermanent £35,000 £45,000 dependant on experienceAre you a capable Scientist with a life sciences background with a pro-active attitude towards your work? Are...
Permanent, full time
£35k per annum plus outstanding benefits package
Working for a specialist R&D centre based near Cambridge, this role supports the innovation and creation of novel composite materials, polymers, resins and sealants which feed into the aeronautical engineering industry.
Role requirements and outline of scope:
- Work closely with the NPD team and Technical Fellows to categorise issues with build, design and construct through matrix formulation and development.
- Design and execution of experiments to highlight and solve technical short-falls and construct prototype fixes to be interrogated by the test-team.
- Research and investigate emergent technologies which could support the innovation of new composites and keep the organisation the fore-runner in their competitive industry.
- Present, report and participate in regular team and interdisciplinary meetings to provide status updates on projects.
- Assist with filing of IP status for new projects.
- Assist logistics with the introduction of new composites into the supply chain - ensuring any risk is mitigated and monitoring ROI.
- Adhering to all H&S and ISO regulations personally, and using strong influencing skills to promote respect and adherence for safety at all times.
- BSc or higher degree (or equivalent) in a Chemical discipline in addition to relevant industry experience of working with formulation of composite or adhesive materials.
- Sound working knowledge of or the regulatory requirements surrounding composites for aerospace industry.
- Demonstrable background in strong decision-making which is informed by expert knowledge in order to manage risk throughout the formulation, ingredient-selection and procedures in the team.
25 days holiday plus bank holidays plus
Generous company contributory pension scheme
Site bonus based on team performance
Supportive and innovative working environment offering excellent opportunities for personal development.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.