LABORATORY TECHNICIANS TEMPORARY ROLES North East ScotlandAre you looking for short term work and are based in the Dundee or Moray area?Do you have good...
Lab technician£17000GloucestershireOwn transport required
The position involves the preparation and analysis of foods. Full training will be provided and the applicant will work to accredited standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To conduct a range of tests for nutritional and metals determination.
- To operate and maintain automated food testing equipment
- Collation of data for inclusion in reports and, where appropriate, preparation of reports
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping and hygiene
- Comply with all relevant policies, procedures and instructions
- Preparation of samples for analysis
Qualifications and Competencies
- GCSE/A Levels including a science subject (minimum).
- Applicants with a degree will be considered
- Laboratory experience is preferable but not essential
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- Able to follow prescribed methods and document results
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel
- Practically minded and able to work within a team
- A keen interest in Food Science and its application to the food industry
- Proven capability in food testing or a similar laboratory environment preferable
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.