My client is a leader in drug discovery and development based in Cambridgeshire, specialising in small drug molecule discovery utilising a novel screening system. They...
Biosafety Scientist (Quality Control) - Cell Culture
Location: Merseyside, UK
Competitive salary & benefits package, dependent on experience
SRG are currently recruiting on behalf of a global Biopharmaceutical company in the North West who are seeking an experienced Cell Culture Scientist to join their Quality Control team on a permanent basis.
The successful individual will play a pivotal role in ensuring all appropriate Biosafety testing methods are performed prior to the release of the latest Vaccine technologies.
The role will initially be a day shift (Mon-Fri) but may progress onto a continental shift pattern (4 on, 4 off) after the first year, which will be compensated with a highly attractive shift allowance package.
- Performing cell culture and a number of cell-based assays to assess the Biosafety of drug products. Testing methods including in-vitro, in-vivo, PCR & Mycoplasma assays.
- Lead method validation and analytical technology transfer activities as required
- Use technical expertise and troubleshooting skills to investigate any Out of Specification results and implement appropriate corrective measures
- Monitor trending of quality control data and drive continuous improvement initiatives to ensure compliance to company & industrial regulatory standards.
- Degree qualified in a relevant scientific discipline
- Demonstrable hands-on experience performing cell culture and cell-based assays
- Prior GMP experience from within the pharmaceutical sector
- Self-motivated & an ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided attaching a copy of your most up to date CV. Alternatively, please contact Rachel Ellis directly on 0161 8682235.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: cell culture, biosafety, cell-based assay, bioassay, in vitro assay, in vivo assay, PCR, Mycoplasma, quality control, QC.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.