Stem Cell TechnicianRole Type: PermanentSalary: DOELocation: CambridgeshireSkills: Stem Cell, IPSC, Cell differentiation, Cellular reprogrammingDo you hold some post-graduate experience working within Stem Cells? Are you...
Stem Cell Scientist required for exciting new position with innovative manufacturer in Glasgow
Title - Stem Cell Scientist
Location - Glasgow
Salary - Competitive
SRG is working with an innovative and fast growing life science company - as a result of their continued success and expansion they are looking to hire an experienced Stem Cell Scientist to work at their GMP facility. Working within the Product Development team and reporting to the Senior Scientist this person would provide specialist knowledge and expertise in the design and development of key assays and protocols.
The role would be suited to someone with extensive experience in working with stem cells, flow cytometry, cell based assays and molecular biology techniques. Perhaps you are ready for the next step in your career or maybe you are looking to move into a new innovative environment, either way we would like to hear from you.
My client offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the potential for development and skills enhancement
- Perform and optimise primary cell isolation.
- Perform cell culture of primary cells and established cell lines.
- Perform differentiation of pluripotent cells to various cell lineages.
- Perform characterisation of differentiated cells by flow cytometry and qPCR.
- Perform functional cell-based assays.
- Independently analyse data generated from experiments, draw appropriate conclusions and decide upon next steps.
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with quality assurance and health and safety policies.
- Maintain documentation to appropriate quality standards.
- Carry out literature reviews /collate information to identify information useful for the development of novel assays or the improvement of current processes.
- Provide support to other departments within company.
- Contribute to written documentation including SOPs, publications and patent applications.
- The successful candidate will have a degree in cell biology or a related subject, a PhD would be advantageous.
- You must have experience in cell culture, cell based assays and flow cytometry, experience in handling stem cells and primary cell isolation is essential.
- You will also have experience in molecular biology techniques and a keen interest in cell based therapies.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent computer skills and be an effective communicator along with good interpersonal skills, strong presentation skills and the ability to work under pressure and as part of a team.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: stem cell, primary cell, cell culture, flow cytometry, PCR, GMP, cell based therapies
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.