VP, Business Development required for exciting opportunity with growing biopharmaceutical company in Glasgow.Are you a Business Development expert working within Life Sciences?Would you like to...
VP, Business Development required for exciting opportunity with growing biopharmaceutical company in Glasgow.
- Are you a Business Development expert working within Life Sciences?
- Would you like to join an emerging company at the cutting edge of science?
SRG is working with a biopharmaceutical company to recruit a VP in Business Development to undertake a pivotal role between the commercial and scientific functions of the business. Reporting to the Director of Business Development, you will be experienced in business development within life science with excellent business insight.
Perhaps you are looking to join a fast growing and dynamic business or are you ready for the next step in your career? Either way we would like to hear from you.
My client offers you a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the potential for development and skills improvement.
ROLE / DESCRIPTION
- Develop detailed understanding of capabilities and commercial goals in order to support intelligent sourcing of potential partners;
- Analyse the external business environment, produce regular updates on the commercial landscape;
- Liaise with colleagues across the business to identify and develop commercial opportunities;
- Develop internal strategies to access a growing database of potential partners/collaborators;
- Actively engage with potential collaborators/partners to build new commercial and research opportunities;
- Actively identify and promote new relevant funding opportunities;
- Provide support to the Commercial and Senior Management teams;
- Interact with Senior Management and implement business processes and strategies according to business needs;
- Work reciprocally across multiple functions and projects;
- Have the ability to organize, interpret, and present scientific data and commercial frameworks to new and existing external collaborators;
- Contribute to a dynamic culture which adopts teamwork and innovation.
- Degree qualified ideally with PhD in a life sciences related subject and MBA;
- Significant experience in industrial business development with a strong background in life sciences is essential;
- You will have highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with commercial acumen and experience in project management and delivery;
- Knowledge of cell-based products, gene therapy, or biologicals;
- A thorough approach and high attention to detail with strong time management and organisational skills.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing excellent temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
To apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: life science, sales, business development, cell therapy, immunotherapy, commercial
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.