Research Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a minimum Master's level degree in Chemistry, alongside proven industrial experience of practical organic chemistry, ideally...
R&D Chemist, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a minimum MSc in Chemistry, ideally with an inorganic focus, alongside proven experience of R&D and product development in minerals, pigments, glass or additives.
Title: R&D Chemist
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £25,000 - £31,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a global business who are market leaders in the manufacture of specialist products for the polymer, coatings and cosmetics industries. As a result of continued growth and success, they are now looking to recruit an R&D Chemist to join the team at their site in West Yorkshire. The role would suit a Master's or PhD level Chemist, with proven experience of formulation, development and technical support with inorganic materials, including minerals, pigments, glass, powders and additives.
Benefits: A successful and innovative company experiencing continued growth, offering an opportunity to lead product research and development with a high level of autonomy. Genuinely modern working environment, with brand new R&D facilities and equipment. 39 working hours a week, worked between 8am and 5pm, with a 4pm finish on Fridays. Company pension, discretionary bonus and 20 days holiday (increasing with length of service) plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
Role / Description
- Designing new products and improving existing products in for a range of industry applications, including coatings, cosmetics and polymers
- Prioritizing work processes and new work developments
- Designing of test procedures and experiments
- Testing, collecting data and drawing conclusions from development work
- Actively seeking and developing new markets for the product and marketing existing products
- Working closely with production engineers and supporting scale up and production trials
- Attending business meetings with existing and potential customers, both independently and with the company director as needed
- Analysing and quality control testing of products by spectroscopic tools (XRF, ICP-OES, SEM) on a daily basis
- MSc or PhD in Chemistry or Materials Science, ideally with a major inorganic component
- Proven experience of research and product development with inorganic materials, including minerals, pigments, glass, powders, additives or similar
- Knowledge or understanding of patents and patenting process would be advantageous
- Self-motivated and pro-active, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate on both a technical and a commercial level
- Strong problem-solving skills and a proven ability to manage changing priorities
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an inorganic chemist, educated to at least MSc level, who can demonstrate versatility and proven R&D skills in inorganic product manufacture.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Jenni on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: laboratory, chemistry, R&D, inorganic, materials, minerals, powders, additives, pigments, glass, development, product development, trials, scale up, patent, coatings, cosmetics
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.