Technical Sales RepresentativeUK Based Travel Required Competitive Salary Package Do you have a background in chemistry and a proven track record in Technical Laboratory...
Technical Manager required, based in Cheshire. Requiring PhD Chemistry and proven experience of managing projects and processes with regard to formulation and regulatory affairs of skincare products or encapsulation technology.
Title: Technical Manager
Salary: £43,000 - £47,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working exclusively with a small start-up company who have made impressive progress in the two years since their inception. With a worldwide market for their niche skincare product, the company are now looking to hire a Technical Manager to lead the technical activities at their facility in Cheshire. The role will initially be standalone, working to establish a technical database and addressing regulatory affairs and formulation challenges, with a view to building a team over the next 12-24 months. The ideal candidate will have a PhD in a chemistry-focused discipline, alongside significant formulation and regulatory experience in skincare products, encapsulation technology or similar products.
Benefits: A fantastic opportunity to establish the technical function for a forward-thinking, ethically-motivated and innovative company. High level of autonomy, global customer base, and future potential to grow a full technical team.
Role / Description
- Understanding and adopting initial R&D work for base formulation
- Building a technical database to encompass raw materials, alternatives, active ingredients, additives, etc., with relevant international regulatory requirements
- Addressing and managing regulatory affairs and processes for various international markets
- Adapting formulations and reformulating according to regulatory requirements, customer needs or process requirements
- Testing feasibility and practical considerations of adapted formulations
- Exploring potential for future product improvements
- Acting as the key technical contact, providing support and technical knowhow to customers and marketing as required
- Working with third party consultants as required to inform technical projects
- Maintaining a practical understanding of process and engineering control to inform formulation
- Minimum PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry or similar discipline
- Significant, demonstrable experience of formulation and regulatory affairs pertaining to skincare/personal care products, encapsulation technology or similar
- Working knowledge and understanding of regulatory processes for product registration
- Any knowledge/experience of international regulatory processes would be advantageous
- Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Self-starter, able to work independently and drive progress
- Good project management and organisational skills
This role could be an excellent opportunity for a well-experienced formulation/development scientist looking for an exciting opportunity to step up, or perhaps an existing Technical Manager looking for a new challenge.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: laboratory, formulation, regulatory, compliance, skincare, personal care, cosmetics, , technical manager, encapsulation, fragrance, repellent, regulation, development, reformulation, white label, technical,
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.