Position Senior Process EngineerPermanent Salary £50k £60kLocation RuncornSRG are looking for a Senior Process Engineer to work at a Top Tier CoMAH manufacturing facility based...
Senior Process Engineer
Based in Manchester UK - with overseas travel
An outstanding opportunity to join a leading graphene materials supplier at a point of new investment and growth.
First Graphene Ltd. are the leading supplier of high quality graphene products manufactured directly from high grade Sri Lankan graphite. The company is publicly listed in Australia (ASX:FGR) and have a primary manufacturing base in Henderson, near Perth, Western Australia. The company has recently announced the establishment of a European base in Manchester, UK.
With a fully integrated supply of vein graphite and a low capital cost, First Graphene Ltd. is now one of the lowest cost producers of highest quality graphene products in the world. The single step manufacturing process used by First Graphene Ltd. directly converts high quality graphite raw materials to a range of graphene products with a current manufacturing capacity of 90 tonnes of graphene per annum. The products are characterised by their large platelet size and high aspect ratio. This capability is leading to increasing customer demand in composites, fire retardancy, energy storage and construction materials.
First Graphene has recently been announced as a founding partner within the world leading Graphene Innovation and Engineering Centre (GEIC) at the University of Manchester where the company's global product development and market development teams will be based.
At this exciting time with growing demand for our products, establishment of a European base and a recent, successful strategic capital raising, First Graphene is now looking to strengthen its team with the addition of a........
Senior Process Engineer:
The Senior Process Engineer will develop, design and build new chemical processes for the manufacture of advanced graphene products and formulations. The key priorities for the role are:
- Design and build safe and efficient chemical processes for the manufacture of graphene products and formulations
- Initiate and lead successful relationships with suppliers, with particular emphasis on our strategic research partners
- Scale-up existing processes to meet the demands of the market for graphene materials
- Identify and implement process monitoring and quality control regimes to ensure high product quality
- Successfully transfer graphene manufacturing cells to global sites
- Support sustainable supply chain development
To be successful in this role we would expect candidates to have:
- M.Eng in Chemical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated success in building and start-up of new chemical manufacturing plant
- Excellent knowledge of the safety and environment requirements for chemical processing
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and remove potential roadblocks
- Demonstrated project management skills - showing effective use of resources to deliver projects on-time and on-budget
- Excellent communication skills for the effective management of projects with partners, suppliers and funding agencies
- Current eligibility to work in the UK
Preferred candidates will also have:
- Higher degree in an engineering discipline (or equivalent)
- Chartered engineer status
- Team leadership and people development experience
- Excellent influencing skills to ensure that all necessary resources for project success are in place
Initially based in Manchester UK, the Senior Process Engineer will be expected to travel globally to support this globally growing business and will have the opportunity for secondment to overseas locations.
This role is expected to grow with the company and the successful candidate would have significant opportunities for career growth with the growth of the business.
First Graphene Ltd. are an equal opportunity employer.
Salary £55,000 to £70,000 depending upon skills and experience.
Competitive benefits - holidays, pension, relocation costs (where required).
Application closing date
1st October 2018 (or as close to, allowing for notice periods)
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.