Product Development Scientist Mammalian cell cultureContract: 12 months full timeSalary: £25,000 £35,000Milton KeynesAre you a life scientist with experience in mammalian cell culture looking for...
Senior Product Development Scientist
Based in Manchester UK - with overseas travel
An outstanding opportunity to join a leading graphene materials supplier at a point of new investment and growth.
First Graphene Ltd. are the leading supplier of high quality graphene products manufactured directly from high grade Sri Lankan graphite. The company is publicly listed in Australia (ASX:FGR) and have a primary manufacturing base in Henderson, near Perth, Western Australia. The company has recently announced the establishment of a European base in Manchester, UK.
With a fully integrated supply of vein graphite and a low capital cost, First Graphene Ltd. is now one of the lowest cost producers of highest quality graphene products in the world. The single step manufacturing process used by First Graphene Ltd. directly converts high quality graphite raw materials to a range of graphene products with a current manufacturing capacity of 90 tonnes of graphene per annum. The products are characterised by their large platelet size and high aspect ratio. This capability is leading to increasing customer demand in composites, fire retardancy, energy storage and construction materials.
First Graphene has recently been announced as a founding partner within the world leading Graphene Innovation and Engineering Centre (GEIC) at the University of Manchester where the company's global product development and market development teams will be based.
At this exciting time with growing demand for our products, establishment of a European base and a recent, successful strategic capital raising, First Graphene is now looking to strengthen its team with the addition of a........
Senior Product Development Scientist:
The Senior Product Development Scientist will lead the development of graphene-based products and technologies to meet the needs of our customer. The key priorities for the role are;
- Development of graphene products and formulations to meet the needs of the target market
- Interaction with commercial colleagues and customers to identify preferred solutions based upon graphene materials
- Application development and testing of new products - often in direct collaboration with customers
- Conversion of new technologies developed by our university partners conversion into commercial products
- Collaboration with colleagues in operations and manufacturing to define product specifications and requirements
To be successful in this role we would expect candidates to have:
- BSc in Chemistry or Materials Science (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable industrial experience in chemicals or formulated products (coatings, composites, plastics, adhesives)
- Demonstrated project management skills in a product development environment
- Excellent communication skills - listening to customer needs and concise communication of technical concepts and ideas
- Current eligibility to work in the UK
Preferred candidates will also have:
- Higher degree, MSc or PhD in Chemistry, Materials Science (or equivalent) in a related subject
- Demonstrated success in developing new products and introducing these to the market
- Team leadership and people development experience
- Market knowledge of applications in one of the construction, coatings, plastics or fire retardancy markets. Including an awareness of the specific testing needs in one of those markets
Initially based in Manchester UK, the Senior Product Development Scientist will be expected to travel globally to support this globally growing business and will have the opportunity for secondment to overseas locations.
This role is expected to grow with the company and the successful candidate would have significant opportunities for career growth with the growth of the business.
First Graphene Ltd. are an equal opportunity employer.
All applications must be made in the first instance to our approved Agency, SRG.
Salary £40,000 to £55,000 depending upon skills and experience
Competitive benefits - holidays, pension, relocation costs (where required)
Application closing date
Friday 10th August
1st October 2018 (or as close to, allowing for notice periods)
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.