An opportunity for an Analytical Team Manager to join a world leading chemical manufacturing organisation. Job Title: Analytical Team ManagerDuration: PermanentSalary: £38,500 negotiableLocation: MerseysideWould you...
Based in Manchester UK - with overseas travel
An outstanding opportunity to join a leading graphene materials supplier at a point of new investment and growth.
First Graphene Ltd. are the leading supplier of high quality graphene products manufactured directly from high grade Sri Lankan graphite. The company is publicly listed in Australia (ASX:FGR) and have a primary manufacturing base in Henderson, near Perth, Western Australia. The company has recently announced the establishment of a European base in Manchester, UK.
With a fully integrated supply of vein graphite and a low capital cost, First Graphene Ltd. is now one of the lowest cost producers of highest quality graphene products in the world. The single step manufacturing process used by First Graphene Ltd. directly converts high quality graphite raw materials to a range of graphene products with a current manufacturing capacity of 90 tonnes of graphene per annum. The products are characterised by their large platelet size and high aspect ratio. This capability is leading to increasing customer demand in composites, fire retardancy, energy storage and construction materials.
First Graphene has recently been announced as a founding partner within the world leading Graphene Innovation and Engineering Centre (GEIC) at the University of Manchester where the company's global product development and market development teams will be based.
At this exciting time with growing demand for our products, establishment of a European base and a recent, successful strategic capital raising, First Graphene is now looking to strengthen its team with the addition of a........
The Marketing Manager will drive top line growth by identifying and delivering new business opportunities for graphene products and technologies. The position will lead the marketing and business development strategies for the company and will be highly engaged with the product development and sales teams.
- Identify and categorise target markets for graphene products and technologies
- Develop market attack strategies to address the needs of the priority markets - including USP, pricing, value chain positioning, channel to market and promotion
- Execute the market attack tactics, working closely with colleagues in commercial and product development teams, leading to successful sales outcomes
- Design and deliver promotional tools and collateral to establish and reinforce the company brand
- Support business development activities and customer interactions with commercial colleagues
To be successful in this role we would expect candidates to have:
- B.A. in Business or Marketing (or B.Sc. in Science or Engineering with marketing experience or equivalent)
- Demonstrated success in introducing a new product or service to the market within the chemical or materials sector
- Excellent knowledge of marketing tools and their execution through suitable data handling tools
- Demonstrated understanding of pricing strategy for new technologies
- Good digital skills and familiarity with website optimisation and social media tools
- Excellent communication skills for the establishment of strong relationships with partners and potential customers
- Current eligibility to work in the UK
Preferred candidates will also have:
- Successful case studies within the chemicals, materials or technology sector
- Existing relationships within the composites, coatings, energy storage or construction industries
- Team leadership and people development experience
- Excellent influencing skills to gain internal support and external credibility for market strategies
Initially based in Manchester UK, the Marketing Manager will be expected to travel globally to support this globally growing business.
This role is expected to grow with the company and the successful candidate would have significant opportunities for career growth with the growth of the business.
First Graphene Ltd. are an equal opportunity employer. All applications to be sent to our approved Agency SRG in the first instance.
Salary £50,000 to £60,000 depending upon skills and experience.
Competitive benefits - holidays, pension, relocation costs (where required).
Application closing date
1st October 2018 (or as close to, allowing for notice periods)
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.