Due to continued expansion and growth, my client is currently seeking an Applications Support Specialist with a focus on Molecular Biology and genetic testing products....
Role Type: Permanent
Role Area: Laboratory Support, Stores, Goods In, Goods Out.
Do you hold skills within a Stores function, with a competence to monitor consumable and stock levels? Are you confident in ordering processes and arranging Goods In and Out of a Laboratory Stores function?
My client based in the Cambridgeshire area is a successful scientific company within the Biotechnology sector. Due to continued success and further growth, they are now seeking a Stores Technician to act as a central point for the monitoring and ordering of a range of scientific consumables. You will also interact with delivery companies to accept stock into stores, and also to arrange the disposal of waste from laboratory areas.
The main responsibilities of this role will be:
- Maintain appropriate levels of consumables within the laboratory areas
- Manage chemical stock levels
- Order consumables through procurement system
- Distribute delivered consumables, reagents, chemicals to the site
- Accept deliveries and follow up on non-delivered goods.
- Arrange the disposal of laboratory waste
To be considered for the Stores Technician role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Some exposure to a Stores and/or Goods In Function (E)
- Experience or exposure to a laboratory support environment (E)
- Clear ability to follow set procedures/SOP's (E)
- Strong IT skills (E)
- Some experience in SAP or other similar procurement system (D)
If this role is of interest please apply online immediately or for more information contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 607854
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.