Development Scientist OxfordPermanent £35,000 £45,000 dependant on experienceAre you a capable Scientist with a life sciences background with a pro-active attitude towards your work? Are...
Development Scientist - OxfordPermanent - £35,000 - £45,000 dependant on experienceAre you a capable Scientist with a life sciences background with a pro-active attitude towards your work? Are you looking to move forward with your career and work within a small team at the cutting edge of oncology research? My client is an expanding successful biotechnology company based in South Oxford and are looking to recruit an experienced biologist with in depth assay knowledge to complement their talented team. The Candidate
- You will have a PhD in molecular biology / Immunology or a related field or a MSc with equivalent experience
- You will have several years' experience within a laboratory setting and be familiar with all or some of the following - mammalain cell culture, IHC, qPCR or luminescence assays.
- You will ideally hold your own personal animal licence and have experience working with murine tumour models in-vivo however, you must be prepared to obtain a licence if you do not hold one.
- You will be confident with qPCR and ELISA assay design and troubleshooting
- You will understand not just how to perform assays but fundamentally how they work.
- Working with minimal supervision you will be responsible for assay design and troubleshooting, with the ability to provide support to other members of the group where required.
- You will be involved in developing and writing SOP's
- You will work towards generating accurate data with the ultimate goal of optimising for ensuing clinical trials
- You will be very much hands-on in the laboratory and able to produce data accurately and efficiently to finalise the development of proprietary technology.
This is a very exciting opportunity to join a successful and growing biotechnology company in a role where you will be able to make a real contribution to their research and development.To discuss this role further please call Oliver Sampson on 0121 7288454 or email
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.