Temporary Microbiology Research Assistant required, based in Cheshire. Requiring a degree with Microbiology as major component, alongside hands on experience of culturing and molecular...
Senior Research Assistant - Molecular Biology
Competitive Salary Commensurate with Experience
Based in London
Do you have experience of PCR or DNA Sequencing or Next Generation Sequencing?
Would you like to work for a cutting edge Molecular Diagnostics company?
My client have a great team consisting of dedicated and able scientists and are looking to hire additional talented Senior Research Assistants to support the development of their DNA sequencing technology. The role is focused on adapting NGS chemistries to much simpler, targeted workflows than are currently possible: sample in / NGS results out, in a clinically meaningful timeframe.You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team engaged in developing the company's revolutionary NGS products for point-of-need diagnostic applications. This comprises a mixture of electrical engineering, molecular biology, chemistry, mechanical design, software, bioinformatics and product design.
The successful candidate must demonstrate experience of modifying standard procedures for custom applications, particularly relating to sequencing library and template preparation. Experience with solid-phase PCR assay development is highly desirable.
You will draw on your past experience of molecular diagnostic and NGS platforms to assist with the development and integration of modules of a novel nucleic acid analysis platform. It is essential that you can quickly understand the challenges involved in the optimisation of key workflow components, and contribute to their solutions.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
We are looking for people with drive and enthusiasm; who want their innovation and hard work to contribute to the creation of a paradigm shift in clinical care. You will strive for exceptional results, in a fast-paced environment. Required:
- BSc, MSc in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical, or relateddiscipline.
- Familiarity with standard molecular biology techniques such as qPCR, including primer design.
- Product development or assay development experience based on PCR or NGS based analysis systems.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of NGS workflows
- Pragmatic, with excellent problem solving and analytical capacity.
- Great administrative, organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with surface phase DNA amplification techniques and assay development.
- Workflow development experience of IVD or NGS systems
- Effective working in a multidisciplinary team
- Microfluidics, cartridge or instrument development experience
- Experience of cancer diagnostics or NGS sequencing applied to oncology
- Experience working with Biosafety Category 2 certified micro-organisms
The company offer a competitive compensation package, and the opportunity to spend your days working on cutting edge scientific development.
Please apply online or email your CV
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.