Materials Handler required for exciting new opportunity with dynamic and growing Diagnostic company in StirlingDo you have a background in material control?Are you working in...
Materials Handler required for exciting new opportunity with dynamic and growing Diagnostic company in Stirling
- Do you have a background in material control?
- Are you working in a highly regulated environment?
- Would you like to join a fast-growing and dynamic company?
SRG is working with a leader in diagnostics to recruit a Materials Handler to undertake a dynamic and challenging position in their Operations team. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will be assertive and be able to work in a fast paced environment, with experience in a similar role in industry.
My client offers you a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the potential for development and skills improvement.
ROLE / DESCRIPTION
- Work with the Supply Chain Manager to implement and maintain adequate receipt, storage and handling processes.
- Maintain a high level of stock control, including all activities from goods receipt, the booking in of delivered materials and receipt of finished product.
- Maintaining all electronic systems and documentation in accordance with SOP's.
- Maintain an excellent level of housekeeping and organisation within the stores areas using lean and 5S principles and techniques.
- Ensure all waste streams are maintained and that waste is disposed of according to regulations.
- Act as an interface between internal teams to handle goods, material movements and appropriate storage according to stock levels and demand fluctuations.
- Ensure compliance with quality and regulatory standards and support continuous improvement activities, improve performance and drive down purchasing costs.
- Effective management of QMS documentation (Quality Events, Change Control etc)
- Aid in the creation of Material Specifications.
- Develop and maintain metrics across the group.
- Proven experience of working in a similar role within a highly regulated environment.
- Experience in a quality driven manufacturing environment is mandatory.
- Stores and Inventory management experience, FIFO, FEFO, Kanban and working with chemicals or controlled materials.
- Assertive, resilient and able to adapt to change.
- Possesses a current Counterbalance Fork Lift Licence would be highly advantageous.
- Attention to detail and with a high level of accuracy.
- Experience in using an ERP system, preferably Netsuite.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing excellent temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
To apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: materials, stock control, warehouse, good in, receipt, medical devices, diagnostics, manufacturing, fork lift
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.