SRG Engineering Technician Medical Devices Permanent Stirling SRG is working with a highly excitable and innovative Medical Device manufacturer who are looking for a permanent...
SRG - Engineering Technician - Medical Devices - Permanent - Stirling
SRG is working with a highly excitable and innovative Medical Device manufacturer who are looking for a permanent Engineering Technician to join their team.
We are looking for proactive, talented, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of a highly respected organisation. This company is a leading example of medical progression and patient focused healthcare- creating never seen before products.
You will be involved in the assembly and testing of medical devices being developed and you will also be required to work closely with R&D Scientist to maintain and trouble-shoot prototype meters being used in the lab test environment. The role may also require you to become involved in electronics and software design and prototyping.
- Assemble meters as per assembly drawings and verbal instructions.
- Modifying meters to suit specific purpose e.g. mechanical and electrical modifications, including wiring and adding extra circuits, etc. as required.
- Program meters to specific software requirements, including modification of software.
- Add and replace surface mount parts using soldering iron.
- Assisting in lab testing strips and/or running test on repeatability and linearity.
- Debugging and repairing meters down to component level.
- Assemble optics blocks and magnet assemblies to measure accuracy of parts using OGP machine.
- Maintain associated paperwork for recording instrument repairs and updates
- Investigate design issues and identify potential improvements
- Initiate, investigate and action non-conformances when required.
- Work in conjunction with the company's Quality Policy and Quality Objectives
- Ensure trained on all appropriate procedures.
- A 'hands on' Engineering Technician with experience in a highly regulated industry.
- HNC or equivalent in Electronics.
- Ability to read and interpret circuit diagrams.
- Good soldering skills.
- Ability to use test equipment as required, e.g. voltmeter, programmers, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office package.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Strong desire to learn and improve processes and procedures.
- Highly motivated individual that can demonstrate flexibility with a can do attitude and is self-motivated to complete the objectives given.
- Able to build and maintain positive, productive working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
If interested please apply today at
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.