Protein Expression and Purification Research Scientist12 months Fixed term contractOxfordshire Attractive salary Role: As part of the Protein Biochemistry team, you will be responsible for...
£28k - £35k per annum
This role supports the development of products used in the purification of therapeutic proteins. You will have responsibility for chemical synthesis and optimisation of small molecules, proteins and peptides, small-scale synthesis, scale-up and process optimisation, technical support for tech transfer, process validation, QC and trouble-shooting issues with routine manufacture of the product(s).
- Plan and execute hands-on experimental work to assist in the product development, support, assay validation and synthetic process optimisation.
- Production of technical reports and documentation of experiments.
- Evaluation of result data to include the analytical interpretation and interrogation and statistical analysis as required.
- Presenting internally to R&D team as well as externally at client project meetings.
- Project Management - drafting and storing project proposals, monthly R&D reports, planning and recording project team meetings.
- Assisting with the process for Technology Transfer - producing draft production methods, analytical procedures, risk assessments and specification listings to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- PhD in Chemistry - Organic or Analytical or similar
- Proven work history in peptide synthesis or peptide chemistry, drug development and solid-phase synthesis or organic synthesis
- Some background in industry would be advantageous such as some exposure to tech transfer, quality management systems and regulatory affairs
- Some project management experience would be beneficial, along with a curious and inquisitive nature. Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external and a positive, approachable nature.
If this sounds like you, and represents the opportunity you're looking for to enhance and develop your career in Chemistry and Peptide Chemistry then apply now by attaching your CV in Word with a brief cover letter outlining your suitability.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.