Protein Expression and Purification Research Scientist12 months Fixed term contractOxfordshire Attractive salary Role: As part of the Protein Biochemistry team, you will be responsible for...
Protein Expression and Purification Research Scientist12 months Fixed term contractOxfordshire Attractive salary Role:
- As part of the Protein Biochemistry team, you will be responsible for purifying recombinant protein for structural biology or biochemical assay development and involved in expressing proteins for the team using insect or mammalian expression systems.
- This is a laboratory-based position, but you will also provide strategic and tactical input to support protein purification for a number of rare disease research efforts.
- You are a collaborative, diligent and extremely well organized individual with a demonstrable track record in protein expression using Baculovirus or Mammalian systems and protein purification at mg scale.
- Good at trouble shooting and working to deadlines, you will need to be highly motivated and possess excellent team working and communication skills.Main Functions:
- Bench-based scientist providing key support to several projects.
- Provide strategic, tactical input to support protein expression and purification for a number of rare disease research efforts.
- Purification of recombinant proteins for structural biology or biochemical assay development.
- Able to organize work to deal with a fast-paced environment and changing priorities.
- Routine reporting of your work to the Protein Biochemistry group and Biology department. Requirements:
- The candidate will have a PhD or BSc in Biochemistry or related discipline with experience in a relevant academic or industrial setting.
- You will have a solid experience in the expression and purification of membrane and soluble proteins for structure and biophysical studies.
- Experience with mammalian protein expression will be advantageous but not essential.
- Any necessary training will be offered to the successful candidate.Essential requirements:
- Motivated and diligent scientist with demonstrating relevant academic or industrial experience of purifying soluble or membrane proteins produced using Mammalian or Baculovirus expression system.
- Strong background in protein separation technique to produce mg amounts of recombinant protein for structural studies or assay development.
- Solid hands-on experience with ÄKTA systems
- Strong hands-on experience in insect or mammalian cell expression (routine maintenance of cells, bacmid and virus preparation, DNA purification (mg scale), and expression in flask (3-5L).
- Ability to critically read relevant literature and apply findings to internal projects
- Demonstrable team working and trouble shooting skills
- Keen interest in drug discovery and pharmaceutical research to transform patients' lives.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.