Process Control Chemist with international travel opportunities based in Greater ManchesterTitle Process Control Chemist Location Greater ManchesterSalary £28,000 £35,000SRG are currently working with a...
Process Control Chemist with international travel opportunities based in Greater Manchester
Title Process Control Chemist Location Greater ManchesterSalary £28,000 - £35,000
SRG are currently working with a leading manufacturer of speciality chemicals used for the industrial fluids and lubricants industries. With a global presence and an enviable portfolio of products, they are now looking to hire a talented chemist to join their Manchester based technical team. This role will be an integral part of the technical team based in Greater Manchester with the opportunity for frequent international travel.
Role / Description
Being responsible for the monitoring & management of manufacturing processes across two major brands this position will an integral part of the technical team onsite as well as supporting the business globally. Duties will include:
- Improving process stability to ensure consistent product quality.
- Monitoring Production & QC data (both onsite & globally) identifying any adverse trends
- Specifying Production Process parameters & adjusting where necessary.
- Conducting process & raw material trials to improve efficiency and cost savings.
- Assisting with the commissioning of new production lines both locally & internationally.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Chemistry or a related field.
- Previous experience within a similar position or chemical manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of chemical manufacturing & QC processes
- Strong Data analysis & statistical skills, being able to interoperate complex numerical data.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to produce & deliver detailed reports.
- Experience with CAD or similar would be desirable but not essential.
- Availability for several international trips per year (up to a week in length)
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan Fairhurst at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.