Project Officer - Research & Development Funding
£40,000 - £55,000 + Excellent Benefits
Based in London
Do you have experience in project managing research funding?
Would you like to work for a leading research organisation?
My client sits in a unique position between scientific discovery and real world application. Their quest is to impact on quality of life, innovation and competitiveness for not only UK citizens and businesses but globally too.
The Project Officer will work for a team that supports two large-scale European metrology research programmes jointly funded by the European Union and other participating countries. The programme has funding for a number of years and supports large pan-European collaborative research projects in measurement science.
Responsibilities and Duties
We are looking for a Project Officer to join a team administering two large-scale European metrology research programmes. You will play a role in all aspects of programme management from developing calls for funding, through project evaluation and grant negotiation to project monitoring and closure. You will work closely with the programme manager and assist the research community supported by the programmes.
Specific Responsibilities will include;
- Preparing documents for funding calls
- Preparing proposal evaluation documents
- Promoting the programmes
- Organising and facilitating the proposal evaluation process
- Negotiating funding grants
- Monitoring funding projects
- Providing support to the research community bidding for and delivering projects
- Supporting the programme management committee
- Reporting to the European Commission
Required skills and experience
- Proven project management experience.
- Knowledge and experience of managing or commissioning projects under the EU Framework Programmes, Horizon2020 or similar national schemes.
- An understanding of the grant application process.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
- A degree in science or engineering is desirable but not essential.
Key Words "Project Planner, R&D, Research and Development, Metrology, Project Manager, Quantum Technology, research grant"
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 0203 0964706 for more details.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.