Quality Assurance Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring technical experience in a role with some focus on quality, ideally from a chemical, food...
Quality Assurance Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring technical experience in a role with some focus on quality, ideally from a chemical, food or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
Title: QA Technician
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £19,500 per annum
Term: Initial 6 month contract - good potential for permanent extension
SRG is working with a leading manufacturer of personal care products, who supply their products on a global scale. As a result of their continued growth and success, they are now looking for a Quality Assurance Technician to join their team at their site in West Yorkshire. The role will involve supporting the Senior QA Technician in monitoring and carrying out quality processes, audits and checks on incoming materials and finished goods. This position would be well suited to someone with experience in QC or QA or perhaps production or microbiology with some quality-focus.
Benefits: Well-established company offering a genuine opportunity with full in-house training and opportunities for further professional development. 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), free parking, discounted shop, workplace pension scheme and reward days for attendance. Working hours of 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday, with a 3.30pm on Fridays.
Role / Description
- Collating data and evaluating quality failures in materials and finished goods
- Undertaking project work as required related to customer complaints, internal failures and reworks
- Supporting incident investigations and customer complaints to identify root causes of non-conformance
- Supporting production and packing to provide solutions to quality-related issues
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure compliant processes and procedures, communicating non-conformances and ensuring preventative actions are put in place
- Generating and filing Certificates of Analysis for raw materials
- Supporting internal audits, including systems, processes and hygiene audit and following up corrective actions
- Previous experience of quality-related activities, from a production, laboratory or quality-focused role in a chemical, FMCG, food or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Enthusiastic and motivated mind set and inquisitive nature
- Internal auditing experience or microbiological experience would be advantageous, but is not essential
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with some quality experience from the chemical, FMCG or food industries, who is keen to grow and develop in a dedicated team.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Jenni on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: QC, QA, quality control, quality assurance, quality, QMS, chemistry, microbiology, laboratory, production, personal care, cosmetics, FMCG, chemical, pharmaceutical, food, BRC, ISO, HACCP
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.