Job Title: Vacation Worker Herbicide Screening Experimentalist Location: Bracknell, Berkshire Contract: 12 Weeks Pay Rate: £8.21 an hour Get in touch about this excellent...
Scientist, Next Generation Sequencing
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Based in London, UKMy client have a great team consisting of dedicated and able scientists and are looking to hire additional outstanding, focused and entrepreneurial Molecular Biologists and Biochemists.
The role of Scientist, Next Generation Sequencing is focused on adapting NGS chemistries to much simpler, targeted workflows than are currently possible: sample in/ NGS results out, in a clinically meaningful timeframe. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team engaged in developing the company's revolutionary NGS products for point-of-need diagnostic applications. This comprises a mixture of electrical engineering, molecular biology, chemistry, mechanical design, software, bioinformatics and product design.
The successful candidate must demonstrate experience of modifying standard procedures for custom applications, particularly relating to sequencing library and template preparation. Experience in solid-phase PCR assay development is highly desirable. You will draw on your knowledge of molecular diagnostic and NGS platforms to develop and integrate the modules of a novel nucleic acid analysis platform.
The successful candidate will be part of the NGS Sequencing Team and will be responsible for a subset of the team deliverables, comprising technology development of a massively parallel sequencing process performed on an integrated circuit (chip). The on-chip process must be compatible with cartridge-based automation and performance must meet the demanding requirements of the novel NGS platform.
Specific responsibilities of the Scientist include;
- Design and execution of laboratory experiments and in-depth analysis of resulting data
- Management of the work of 1-2 Research Associates.
- Literature (including patent) work to support development of the technology
- Proactive interaction with other NGS platform teams to assure effective communication and proper alignment of input/output requirements
- Participation in the integration of the technology into the automated platform
It is essential that you do not think of your development work in isolation, but rather enjoy communicating, identifying and solving problems collaboratively with colleagues outside of their immediate area of expertise. A multidisciplinary mindset is crucial, and experience with electronic and mechanical engineering, microfluidics and/or industrial design would be beneficial.
We are looking for people with drive and enthusiasm; who want their innovation and hard work to contribute to the creation of a paradigm shift in clinical care. Ideally you will strive for exceptional results, delivering pragmatic solutions in a fast paced environment, on time, with the ability to reduce complex problems to the simplest solution.
- PhD (preferred) or MSc in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field
- Industry experience in the development of molecular IVD technology for commercially relevant applications
- Experience in development and use of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflows, with specific experience in development of NGS sequencing chemistries/methods, especially semi-conductor-based methods
- Knowledge of chemistries/enzyme activities associated with NGS methods
- Experience with primary sequence data analysis, including quality metric analysis, from NGS platforms
- Experience managing a research associates
- Demonstrable creativity and innovation (e.g., as evidenced by patent filings and allowances and/or scientific publications)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent administrative, organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- IVD product development experience, including NGS-based products
- Experience developing project plans using tools such as Microsoft Project
- Experience with nucleic acid amplification (PCR and non-PCR, including isothermal), including clonal amplification methods
- Experience integrating assay chemistries onto automation platforms, especially cartridgebased systems; including experience stabilizing key reagents for long term storage in the cartridge
- Integrated circuit knowledge/experience, including raw data handling and processing experience
Please apply online, or call 02030964706 for further information.