Senior Manager Assay Development - Serology Disease ScreeningEdinburghSRG are currently recruiting on behalf of a specialist diagnostics business in the Edinburgh area who are seeking a specialist in Serology Disease Screening (SDS) to head of an assay development team. In support of their flagship diagnostic product, they are seeking a senior manager to head up a team developing SDS assays to simultaneously determine antigen profiles, identify antibodies and screen blood for viral presence. Heading up a small but growing team, you will be tasked with:
- People management to ensure staff and resources are allocated most effectively
- Prioritisation of lab work to meet deadlines and generate critical data
- Communication with company President to update on technical advances and coordinate with other teams, particularly instrumentation and manufacturing, on assay and device integration
- Lead collaborative efforts to meet deadlines and ensure quality of data
- Spot and target potential research collaborations, preparing plans and presenting ideas to senior management
- Ensuring analysis and interpretation of complex data and presentation in thought out progress reports
- Reviewing and approving formal documentation related to both device and assay development
- Maintain compliance to GMP and other regulatory requirements
The ideal person will have:
- A PhD qualification in a relevant field
- Significant experience in leading Assay development teams
- Knowledge in the area of Serological Disease Screening
- Experience in complex writing and presentation, ideally with the ability to use statistical packages
- Experience in GMP or GLP environments
- High level "soft skills" including clear communication, time management, attention to detail and more.
- Significant leadership experience in the scientific sector, particularly with multi-disciplinary teams
- Additional technical requirements would include experience of protein microarrays, transfusion medicine or virology, antibody recovery, protein purification and analysis and instrument validation/development.
If you're interested in discussing this opportunity please get in touch with Matthew McGoldrick, either by applying online or on the contact details below.0161 868 2237
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.