SRG is working exclusively with company specialising in the development and manufacture of speciality polymers for a range of markets. As a result of continued...
Research Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a minimum Master's level degree in Chemistry, alongside proven industrial experience of practical organic chemistry, ideally in synthesis.
Title: Research Chemist
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £26,000 - £33,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with an innovative company who specialise in the creation of speciality chemical products for a range of markets. Their products and intermediates are used in industries from cosmetics, to plastics to security printing. As a result of continued expansion and succession planning, they are now looking to recruit a Research Chemist to join the team at their site in West Yorkshire. The role would suit a Master's or PhD level Chemist, with proven, practical experience of organic synthesis from a working laboratory environment.
Benefits: A well-established company with a focus on innovation and expansion, offering an opportunity to join a small R&D team in producing new specialised products. Part of a long term succession plan to replace the existing R&D Manager upon retirement. 37.5 working hours a week, worked between 8.30am and 4.40pm. Excellent company pension, profit-related bonus, critical illness cover and 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
Role / Description
- Devising synthetic routes and developing processes for new organic products and intermediates
- Conducting practical work to improve existing routes, processes and yields
- Establishing and continuously developing knowledge around specific product areas and specialised synthesis
- Assisting in the running of the R&D laboratory and housekeeping
- Participating in lab-scale manufacture of products, contributing to scale up planning and assisting in technology transfer to other manufacturing locations
- Preparing finished products and testing as required
- Maintaining records of practical work and contributing to R&D reports
- Keeping abreast of current relevant literature, recording as sharing as applicable
- Providing technical assistance to other departments as necessary
- MSc or PhD in Chemistry
- Proven, practical experience of organic synthesis in a working laboratory environment
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to grow, learn and lead
- Able to manage multiple projects and prioritise accordingly
- Proven problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an organic chemist, educated to at least MSc level, who can demonstrate practical skills in organic synthesis gained through industrial experience.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: laboratory, chemistry, synthesis, research, organic, synthetic, PhD, MSc, Master, doctorate, post-doctorate, Ph.D, MPhil, R&D, multi-step, scale-up, scale up, chemical, lab-scale, multi-stage, intermediate, intermediates
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.