Responsibilities; * Providing technical expertise to ongoing projects across new production equipment, utilities and continuous improvement* Provide technical support to junior process engineers and assist...
Chemical Process Engineer
Title: Chemical Process Engineer / Chemical Process Manager
Location: UK based - Travel - Europe as well as Asia and the Middle East
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 + Industry Leading Benefits
An industry and world leading manufacturer within the fast moving consumer goods sector are seeking a Chemical Process Engineer to join at an exciting time. The position which involves travel and visiting manufacturing sites all over the world, has become available due to expansion within the RCA and Improvements team. In joining this team you will be part of an ever changing market within a progressive company. This isn't a role for someone looking to sit behind a desk!
* Ensure best practise techniques are maintained on plant front end chemistry, equipment and processes. Reacting to individual plant process, quality and environmental issues which may arise.
* Knowledge and understanding of metal working fluids for non-ferrous and ferrous alloys.
* The responsibility of all aspects of washers, soluble oil systems, commissioning, in depth process auditing and problem solving.
* To audit the processes of both Technical and Process control conditions in different manufacturing facilities.
* Continually review the quality of the process with a view of continuous improvement.
* To innovate and work on new projects.
* Ensure HSE regulations are withheld within the plant working environment.
* Chemical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
* Understanding of pre-treatment lines ideally with ferrous and non-ferrous alloys.
* A proven track record of Roof Cause Analysis (RCA) and providing solutions with a high interest on development and problem solving.
* Understanding of P&ID's and Flow Diagrams.
* Full driving licence holder.
* Good written and spoken English
* Knowledge of the following would be advantageous - surface technologies, plating, metalworking fluid, coatings, waste water treatment.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Fraser on 0161 868 2204
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have an engineering background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Chemical / Process / Manufacturing / Wastewater Treatment / Manufacturing / FMCG / Ferrous / Coatings / Global / Travel
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.