SRG are a strategic recruitment partner to a global pharmaceutical company who are looking for a Laboratory Assistant to join their team in Ware Hertfordshire....
Associate Scientist in Protein Analysis required for exciting new opportunity with dynamic and growing Biotherapeutic company in Cambridge.
* Do you have a background in UPLC and Protein Analysis?
* Do you hold industry experience or strong skill set from academia?
* Would you like to join a fast-growing and dynamic company?
SRG is working with a successful and growing Biotherapeutic company to recruit an Associate Scientist in Protein Analysis to undertake a dynamic and challenging position in their Research team. Reporting to the Senior Scientist or Head of Analytics, you will be assertive and be able to work in a fast paced environment, with experience in a similar role in industry, or a strong skillset in Protein Analysis/Characterisation from academia.
My client offers you a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the potential for development and skills improvement.
Role / description
* Characterisation of antibody constructs using UPLC, Mass Spectrometry and DSC.
* QC of both in-house and externally produced proteins.
* Method development and optimisation.
* Some basic maintenance of UPLC and Mass Spectrometry instruments
* Assist in the running of the analytical laboratory including monitoring and ordering consumables
* Accurate collation of data, record keeping, and presentation.
* Interaction with cross-functional product teams for project delivery
* BSc, MSc (or equivalents) in a relevant area of Biological Science
* Experience working within Protein Analysis and Characterisation
* Experience of chromatographic techniques including SEC, HIC and RP
* Industry experience would be a further advantage
* Attention to detail and with a high level of accuracy.
* If you have exposure to Protein Modelling, VBA or Python this would be a further advantage.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing excellent temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
To apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Keith Mulgrew on 01223 607854
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Protein, Protein Analysis, Protein Characterisation, SEC, UPLC.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.