SRG are working with a global medical device organisation who have a requirement for a R&D Scientist to join their development centre in the North...
Job Title: R&D Stability Scientist
Vacancy type: 12 month FTC with a possibility of extension
Salary: circa £23K depending on experience
Location: North West
Are you a Research Scientist looking to work with a leading Medical Device Organisation?
My client is currently looking for an experienced Research Scientist responsible for working within the Analytical and Stability team of a Medical Device organisation.
The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Executing physical and analytical test methods related to Medical Device products in accordance with protocols and test methods; including test method development and validation.
- Working within a controlled ISO 13485 & ISO 9001 laboratory quality system and in accordance with GLP/GMP complaint procedures.
- Responsible for standard laboratory routines, equipment calibration, maintenance, replenishment etc.
- Assisting with the placement of stability studies and with routine sample retrieval. Also assisting with the maintenance and compliant operation of the Stability Suite and stability incubators.
- Assisting with writing protocols, reports and technical documents; including the use of statistical analysis packages where appropriate. Writing Non-conformance reports in accordance with internal guidelines.
- Assisting with detailed laboratory investigations to determine the root cause for atypical and out of specification results, apply corrective and preventive actions and concisely report investigations.
The successful Research Scientist will have experience of working within a Chemistry laboratory, ideally in the Medical Device/Pharmaceutical industry. It is desirable that the successful R&D Scientist has a working knowledge and understanding of compliance with FDA and European regulations relating to Quality Systems (ISO 13485:2003, ISO 9001:2000, FDA 21 CFR part 820/part 11) and GMP Guideline and Regulations with experience of FDA audits. It is essential for the candidate to have experience in the use of a wide range of analytical instrumentation (Automatic pipettes, analytical balances, HPLC, FTIR, UV, Titrators, etc.), and data collection software (Chemstation, Empower, etc.) Developing and validating test methods is desirable.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Behruz Sheikh at . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Behruz on 0161 868 2202.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: HPLC, stability, GMP, cGMP, ISO13485, physical testing, UV-VIS, medical devices, FDA, MHRA, ICH, chromatography
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.