Microbiology Specialist required for exciting new opportunity with growing Diagnostic company in Ayr
Are you a science graduate with microbiology experience?
Are you looking for an opportunity to mix lab work with customer contact?
SRG is working with a leader in diagnostics to recruit a Microbiology Specialist to undertake a dynamic and challenging role to support the sales teams. Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will be an enthusiastic and outgoing microbiologist, with hands on experience in a laboratory and an outgoing personality.
Perhaps you are looking to move away from a solely laboratory based position or you may be ready for the next step in your career? Either way we would like to hear from you.
My client offers you a competitive salary and benefits package with the potential for development and skills improvement.
ROLE / DESCRIPTION
- Maintain the microbiology laboratory that is used to perform application studies for customers and training for staff or distributors on the microbiology product line.
- Respond promptly and comprehensively to technical enquiries or complaints via the appropriate means and co-ordinate the response directly to the customer if deemed necessary.
- Make accompanied visits with the sales teams to customer sites, trade shows etc. to support the sales process, including installation and initial training, ensuring appropriate records are kept.
- Advise customers on appropriate evaluation of alternative methods - ensure this is consistent with good laboratory practice and any accreditation body that may be concerned.
- Perform the calibration and preventative maintenance of installed microbiology systems where necessary.
- Keep fully up to date with relevant reference methods and related international standards as well as any internal technical studies and validations from specialists at head office.
- Perform technical presentations at appropriate industry events where appropriate and develop contacts through networking.
- Working with sales and marketing, gather or direct strategic market research to address opportunities to expand or modify the product range and regularly assess the validation status of products.
- Project management for validation studies.
- Life Science or related degree, ideally in Microbiology with hands on experience in microbiological techniques.
- Ideally you will have experience of working with customers and you must be comfortable being client facing.
- Excellent communication (Verbal & Written) skills , the ability to speak French, German or another language would be an advantage.
- Highly motivated and driven
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as on own initiative
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing excellent temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
To apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: life science, microbiology, diagnostics, customer
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.