Senior Scientist, Bioassays and regenerative medicineNottinghamshirePermanent full time positionSalary up to £35,000 per annum plus benefitsAre you an enthusiastic and motivated life scientist educated to PhD level with experience in assay development and troubleshooting? My client is a successful biotechnology with a patented drug delivery an cell therapy platform and are looking for a suitably experienced scientist to join their growing team and contribute to the development of new therapeutic uses for their novel technology.
The successful candidate
- You will be PhD educated with post-doctoral experience ideally in industry although this is not essential
- You will have experience in developing mammalian cell based assays and ideally have worked with stem cells
- You will have experience using ELISA and western blot routinely
- You will have experience in the genetic manipulation of cells
- You will have experience in protein characterisation
- You will prepare technical reports, presentations and other management task related to new product development/innovationYou will ideally have an understanding of working to quality standards although this is not a prerequisite of the role.
- Develop and utilise a range of analytical and testing methods for characterization and performance evaluation.
- Support development of novel product formulations
- Prepare technical reports, presentations and other management task related to new product development/innovation
- Contribute ideas and opinions to scientific discussions and development of new technologies,
- Contribute to multiple innovation projects, co-ordinating information and activity required from other functions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful biotechnology company where your expertise in assay development and understanding of working with mammalian cell culture and proteins will translate into new product applications over a number of clinical specialisms.
Please call Oliver on 0121 7288454 to discuss the role and company in more detail.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.