Medical Communications Project Manager (Publication Manager) - Freelance - Global Pharma - home-based, UK
Freelance work (2.5 days a week)
Competitive daily Rate based on application
Short contract perfect for the summer
Potential to move to full-time in the Autumn
A great opportunity is now available for an experienced Publication Manager this summer. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the biggest pharmaceutical company worldwide and work on global projects in Medical Communications.
As Project Manager, you will be supporting the management of the customer Medical Communications Plan.
The primary responsibility of the role is the management of the delivery tactical plans for Medical Communications services for designated products and brands. This includes: managing and tracking the agreed Medical Communications tactical plans to schedule; highlighting issues and risks (including quality items, timelines and fit to strategy) and proposing required changes; supporting external spend management and tracking; ensuring alignment of tactical plans to budget and reporting on tactical plan management status.
This role works across delivery teams responsible for aspects of the plan and where required this may also include liaison with agreed external providers. The role also supports the Scientific Writing and Events Team Leads with required customer engagement in relation to the management of the tactical plan.
This Project Manager role requires a sound scientific acumen with the ability to foster and champion effective working relationships between delivery teams and the cross functional customer.
Main Role responsibilities:
- Supporting review of strategic plans, to determine key inputs for the development of the tactical plans.
- Supporting engagement of relevant experts across Medical Communications.
- Supporting required planning sessions and workshops for the development of the tactical plans
- Ensuring standard requirements for tactical plan are in place (e.g. objectives, scope, schedule, resources required, budget), to support effective ongoing management
- Supports the Team Leads with required customer engagement as part of the development of the tactical plans
- Supports initiation and planning of tactical plans in preparation for effective management. This includes checking deliverables are defined, schedules are in place and responsibilities are allocated. Any issues for remediation to be discussed and resolved with the Team Leads/ Product Manager
- Arranges regular status calls with the allocated team (and where agreed, other providers) to track status
- Ensuring required customer engagement in relation to the management of the tactical plan
- Ensuring updates of the required tools (e.g. DataVision) to reflect plan status is completed
Skills & background requirements:
- Minimum: Postgraduate qualification in Life Sciences / Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Fluent English (oral and written)
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working as a project/operations/account executive/manager in the service industry (preferably medical writing, pharmaceutical industry or CROs).
- Has a track record in managing delivery of plans, including managing status calls, tracking schedules, managing issues and risks, budget tracking and status report
- Has experience working in matrixed teams
- Ideally, has experience working in either medical information, events or communications
- Experience in a multi-cultural work environment and international working
- Previous Datavision experience is essential
- familiarity working with diverse cultures and remote teams is preferable
HOW TO APPLY?
Click on the "apply" button below. Please contact Arnaud Heroult on +44 (0)203 096 4712 or if you would like to know more about this opportunity. The summer is coming fast so apply now before the role is filled.
Our team at SRG Clinical also cover roles in Clinical Operations (CPM, CRA etc.), Biometrics (Statistics, SAS programming, Data Management), Medical information, Medical affairs, Pharmacovigilance and Regulatory affairs so do not hesitate to call me at +44 (0)203 096 4712.
At SRG Clinical, we are Professional (we provide a professional service in a timely manner to add value to our candidates and clients), we are Specialists (covering nearly 70 years of Life Sciences Recruitment experience within our vertical markets ), we are Honest (we provide an honest and transparent service to both our clients and candidates: treating others as we would wish to be treated ourselves.) and we are Internationals (our team is made of UK and European nationals speaking 10 languages (English, Danish, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Czech, Slovak, Russian and German)).
CRO, Pharma, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Biotech, Clinical Research Organisation, Medical Device, Permanent, Freelance, Contract, Part-time, Temporary, Clinical Research, Non-interventional, Therapeutic Areas, Indication, Oncology, Respiratory, COPD, Cardiovascular, cardiology, Rheumatology, Diabetes, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Urology, CNS, Neurology, haematology, orphan diseases, nephrology, musculoskeletal, endocrinology, gastroenterology, Recruitment, Medical Affairs, Brand Alliance, Medical Communication, Clinical Trial, Medical Expert, Medical Projects, Medical Education, Medical Writing, MedComms, Clinical Safety, Clinical Regulations, promotional materials, non-promotional materials, Compliance, Medical Communication, Editor, Copy Editor, Medical Publishing, copyeditor, editing, STM Publishing, editorial, copy editing, copyediting, medical education.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the EU/UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.