DMPK Research Associate
Temporary Position - 12m
Up to £28,000
Contact Andrew to register an interest: 0121 728 8456
My client are a global biotechnology company with some exciting projects in the pipeline. They value their service and reputation, and only recruit for the very best talent.
A 12 month temp position is available for an enthusiastic and highly motivated scientist within the DMPK department of one of our prestige clients in Oxfordshire.
As a member of the DMPK team, you will be predominantly lab-based and will be responsible for carrying out a number of routine in vitro DMPK and bioanalytical assays in support of in-house projects.
- To perform routine in vitro DMPK assays on a weekly basis and to process, interpret and summarise data in a timely manner
- To perform bioanalysis of small molecules in a range of matrices and provide key pharmacokinetic parameters as required
- To update project reps with new data in a timely manner
- To participate in assay improvements and development and to regularly update DMPK colleagues of progress
- To troubleshoot issues with assays/equipment
- To participate in other DMPK tasks as required
Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level with some experience of working in a DMPK lab and will be able to work to tight timelines. In addition, a flexible approach is required with the ability to change priorities at short notice.
Experience in the following is highly desirable:
- Performing routine DMPK assays such as hepatocyte stability, plasma and tissue protein binding and blood plasma partitioning assays
- Bioanalysis of small molecules including generation of pharmacokinetic parameters
- LC-MS/MS experience
- Use of automated liquid handling systems
- Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in a team
- Good organisational skills
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.