They are currently seeking an Operations Lead to act as the scientific and project manager for their Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) partnership. The successful candidate...
Scientific Project Manager
Full time or 3-4 days per week plus possibility of working from home
Both permanent, and 12 month fixed term contract available.
Working for a global biotechnology organisation based in Cambridge, this represents a rare opportunity to immerse yourself in the commercial side of a successful and pioneering company, where you'll have the chance to use your lab-based scientific knowledge but with a corporate bias.
- Acting as Project lead on a number of scientific projects to ensure consistency and delivery on time and in budget.
- Hold regular project meetings and supply the minutes to key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Communicate regularly with cross-functional teams to encourage collaboration.
- Define and maintain a project plan to include: risks, scope, costs, goals, resourcing, timeframe and trackers. Check deliverables against budget.
- Providing regular status and metrics updates through use of approved dashboards and Tableau.
- Assist in the guidance and agreements on key decisions and raising issues to senior stakeholders as appropriate.
- Influencing and guiding project members to ensure project is delivered on time and to budget.
- Strong, proven project management background.
- Educated to MSc or above in a Biological science (or equivalent).
- Project Management qualification would be advantageous though not essential - such as Prince2 or Agile.
- Proven track record in working with multiple stakeholders, suppliers and across teams.
- You will have used antibody reagents and have a strong scientific understanding of antibody validation techniques such as Western Blot, IHC, ICC and Flow Cytometry.
- Organised, strong influencer, meticulous and determined.
If this sounds like it describes you and your next opportunity then please apply now by attaching your CV in Word or get in touch for a further conversation about this exciting opportunity.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.