Senior SRA Scientist
£25,000 - £35,000
Exciting opportunity to join and contribute to a Scientific & Regulatory Affairs team of a large multi-national company, playing a central part in identifying developments in emerging issues, and developing and collating briefing documents on the knowledge, evidence and science relevant to specific issues/topics.
The SRA leadership team identifies keys priority issues that impact our business. In order for business partners to make evidence-based decisions on these issues it is important that key stakeholders are fully appraised of emerging issues and the scientific evidence and/or regulatory environment surrounding them. The job holder acts to: bring together briefing documents on the relevant knowledge and evidence surrounding a particular issue; creates and maintains tools and procedures to allow stakeholders to use this evidence; and highlights developments in emerging issues; the scientific evidence or regulatory environment that may impact business decisions.
The Successful Applicant Will:
- Conduct wide ranging scientific and regulatory searches to support the development and delivery of concise briefs (~12/year) on specific priority topics in the areas of healthcare & nutrition; emerging science; and/or food safety.
- Develop and maintain systems, tools and/or procedures to facilitate the accessibility of information to SRA and their business partners including shared Endnote libraries and research summary tables
- Identify emerging issues in the area of nutrition or food safety that are likely to impact the business, regulatory environment or consumer perception
- In partnership with the wider corporate SRA team, support the functioning of specific working groups and communities, such as the relevant communities of purpose, by coordinating calls and conducting administration including developing and circulating agendas, tracking actions and collating minutes
BSc and PhD or MSc life science or veterinary science. Experience commensurate with a higher degree can substitute for a PhD or MSc
Knowledge/Experience - Essential:
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral with a proven ability to communicate complex science to non-technical audiences
- Sound decision quality, strong critical thinking and judgment skills
- Proven experience of managing multiple projects
- Peer relation skills essential and the organizational agility to get things done through both formal and informal networks
- A high level of energy, motivation and drive for results
- Experience in a regulatory environment is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Endnote is highly desirable
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.