Senior Scientist, Bioassays and regenerative medicineNottinghamshirePermanent full time positionSalary up to £35,000 per annum plus benefitsAre you an enthusiastic and motivated life scientist educated to...
Product Development Scientist
Temp contract to cover maternity leave - 12 months (but potential perm for the right candidate)
£10.25 per hour
Contact Andrew: 0121 222 5239
My client is the UK's leading manufacturer of interior lining systems.They develop innovative products and services that help customers build better spaces to live, work and play. Their research, development and test facilities are among the best in Europe, and they have a real passion for what they do.
To contribute to the development of new products and systems for the global business.
The position is to work in a team of 10 scientists and engineers to assess the feasibility and develop new products. The markets and technologies will be rolled out to companies around the world. The position will include lab experimentation, raw material specification, analysis and reporting of results within the team.
- Knowledge and working in continuous improvement under 5s, GoodLaboratory Practise, and Quality and Environmental Standards.(ISO 9001, ISO14001 and ISO 18001)
- Completing COSHH forms and risk assessment using MSDS for new raw materials used for research.
- Sample preparation under specific conditions and taking the measurements of sample in the specific environment over a period of time.
- Supporting project leaders on daily basis conducting essential experience when the materials needs test to meet the client needs.
- Mechanical and physical test. (Tensile test, pullout test, torque test, Flexural strength and cutting boards)
- Measuring viscosity using Anton paar and Brooksfield rheometer.
- Min degree level in chemistry/materials science/chemical engineering/forensic science
- Prior industrial lab experience in a relevant industry
- Evidence of a hands on flexible approach essential
- Experience of scientific research methodologies essential, including literature survey, idea generation and prototyping
- Displays determination and focus on reaching set objectives
- Does everything in their power to meet customer requirements
- Is very responsive to opportunities and problems
- Is curious and gives support to implementing new ideas
- Communicates clearly, persuasively and focuses on facts
- Responds positively to requests from their professional circle
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.