Customer Service Champion (Telephone Based Customer Service Advisor)
Capability Green, Luton
£18,000 - £20,000 DOE
Monday - Friday 08:30 - 17:30 - fixed hours, no late nights or weekends!
Who are we?
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. We take a visionary approach to people solutions.
At SRG, candidates and customers come first. We deliver a broad range of excellent temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities for candidates. These range from graduate to senior management level positions, and that's where you fit in.
The key purpose of the Customer Service Champion is to provide our Contract Workers and Associates an excellent experience before, during and after their assignments through SRG.
Providing a responsive, professional and 'human touch' service are the core essence of the role. Putting our internal customers (SRG's Clients and Candidates) at the heart of what we do under-pins our 'Career of Life' strategy. We are looking to expand the scope and remit of the current team responsible for providing first line customer care, and as such we need the right people to join our family.
Our ideal person...
This role would suit someone who has prior telephone based customer service, call centre, recruitment or administration experience and wants to move in to a customer service based role, without the need for sales. Any successful candidate must:
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Be totally customer focused and motivated by helping people
- Be a "completer finisher" and need to see things through to the end
- Have a unique approach to solving problems and likes to think outside of the box
- Emulates the SRG values and 5 Pillars of Trust of Delivery, Competence, Sharing, Understanding and Respect
- Advanced Excel skills would be an advantage
What would I be doing?
To put it simply, you're the first point of contact for contractor queries, and you'll be answering their questions and solving their questions. Duties will include;
- Dealing with first line queries from customers, e.g. holiday queries/requests, payroll queries etc. via dedicated Freephone number and inbox; and logging these for MI reporting
- Working with the Quality and Improvement manager to look at how we can "fix" problems in advance before they happen with better procedures, and feeding new processes to the Client Relationship Managers
- Working with consultants to manage new starter process, contract extensions, finishers
- On-boarding/ induction of new starters
- Launching and managing our new Career4Life benefits package
- Managing and analysing employee information from various internal systems
- Providing data to Client Relationship Managers and Branch Managers regarding the engagement of their workers with their client sites
- Taking control of the "fun things" we do for our people- from sending out Birthday cards, gifts for length of service and managing the benefits, you'll be vital for keeping our people happy and keeping in touch with them.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. SRG is a trading name of Science Recruitment Group Ltd an Employment Business/Agency.